Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The medium is the message (w/ apologies to Marshall McLuhan)

 
 
After dinner one day Fred, my talking cat, started waving something in front of my face. 
 
"This is one of the best greeting cards I have ever received," Fred announced.

I looked at the card and all I saw was a picture.

"Well, there's only a picture there and nothing else. How could  you like that greeting card so much"? I asked Fred.
 
Fred  admitted surprise when he saw the card and asked the sender the reason for the absence of a message.
 
"The sender asked me how the picture made me feel," Fred told me.
 
"I replied that I liked the picture a lot and that it made me smile," Fred explained.
 
"And"? I asked.
 
"Well, the sender said that the medium is the message" Fred said with a wink.
 


Photo source: googleimages.com

Posted with Aloha!
- ARIEL MURPHY 

1 comment:

  1. "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought." Albert Szent-Györgyi
    I love Fred.

    ReplyDelete