Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

All we have to do is listen!

 
Yesterday was not a bad day at all for a realtor like me even  if a client who wanted to buy raw land wanted me to make an offer on a listing that I discovered was already in escrow with a fully executed contract and no longer for sale. My client, who unfortunately ignored the list of still available listings that I gave him,  was about to board a plane back to  Las Vegas when he asked me to make the offer. It was too late to look for a possible replacement listing. And then the lockbox in the house I was showing another client wouldn’t work. I had to make a mad dash to the listing office to get a key. 

I thought that yesterday was a day for me to be annoyed.

To my delight, being loving and ever full of surprises, the Universe thought of brightening my day. When I went to the house of a friend for the first time, my spirit was refreshed by what my friend Sherri has in her 3-acre yard. Atop an imposing Banyan tree was a two-room tree house complete with a very large bed, a hammock and even a composting toilet . The yard has at least 4 rabbits, 3 bunnies and a collection of friendly white silkie hens joyfully having the run of the place.

But having lived most of my life in a large and congested concrete jungle of a city where seeing farm animals was rare, I thought that the crown jewel of my friend’s yard was an area with two natural and organic lawn mowers -- a donkey and a goat. Please see the photo below taken through my many-times-smarter-than-me cellphone.

It was as if the Universe was telling me – Don’t get annoyed over setbacks and kinks. They are temporary and even only illusory. TRUST! In the meantime, here, look at this eye candy and soak in the beauty of the aina (Hawaiian for land).

The Universe speaks! All we have to do is listen.
 
I am grateful!
 
 
 
 
 
Posted with Aloha!
- ARIEL MURPHY

2 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, life is a roller coaster ride. Listen and you may get to hear an ass braying. The four legged ones are really fun to hear. The two legged ones, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the post. Always good to find an arc from bad beginning to a good ending. Also, love the photograph!

    ReplyDelete