It may be a kind of last "hurrah," but I've noticed that the older I get the younger I become. I dare say that I've taken to dressing in a way unlike most women my age. I've even started talking like I'd never talked before using risque' words like you-know-what (only with close friends and after a glass or two of wine). When one reaches a certain age, occasional acts of defiance are like candy treats to a child!
I've realized that time I have to indulge myself may be limited. Eventually, I may no longer be able, for example, to dance with the same abandon I apply myself to currently. I may not be able to dance at all. Period (as I knock on wood).
The skepticism and cynicism that often accompany aging just might worm themselves into my psyche and rein in my sense of adventure and wonder.
So I've decided that I would as much as possible....
- Sleep naked.
- Savor the wonderful and comforting feeling of skin touching skin.
- Cast aside my timidity and enjoy the excitement and surprises of letting my hand explore under the table.
- Drive on roads I avoid most of the time. Heck, I will not let fear rule.
- Promote kindness and love where people fight and are hurt, angry and cynical.
- Use my hands to catch all the good energies from dancing and the music and spread them to all the people in the room.
- Shift my consciousness when I'm upset or disappointed from dwelling on perceived transgressions to focusing only on love, because Love is all there is. Everything else is illusion.
- Strive to keep whatever marbles I have left.
While I still can.
Here's a short music clip I'd like to share with you.
Posted with Aloha!
- ARIEL MURPHY