Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Lone Duck


It is always a treat dining at Miyo's. The food, touted as authentic Japanese home cookng, is good; broiled salmon is always moist and done just right.  The staff members are friendly and courteous.  Service is fast.

But Miyo's is not just for satisfying one's gastronomic yearnings; it is also a place for visual delights . The wide windows on two sides of the restaurant lend a panoramic view of a lake  with a grassy bank dotted with palm trees. 

Today after lunching with a friend and my young daughter Vera, I chanced upon a group of ducks having a conference on the banks of the lake. One lone duck left the group, waddled onto the lake and started swimming -- slowly and tentatively at first and then faster and  confidently as it fully integrated itself with the water, the breeze and the warmth of the day. 

While taking a picture  of the duck (photo below), I thought of my daughter who flies back to Singapore this morning after keeping me company for two weeks.
Aloha, my Vera! Mahalo nui loa and a hui hou!

- Ariel Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment