Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Reflections on abundance


After four real estate transactions that tanked recently, I admittedly started despairing. My faith in the Universe wavered.  But after I saw a post on social media about abundance I started feeling better.

The post quoted financial guru Suze Orman who said: "Abundance is about being rich, with or without money.

Many equate abundance with a fat bank account and a high number of investment assets.  I would rather think that abundance exists whenever one feels contented and happy. 

Abundance begins with an acceptance of one's condition, both positives and negatives, and trustingAbundance has nothing to do with wealth as measured by money but everything to do with acceptance of the present, having faith in the future, and trusting  in the goodness of the Universe.

There are those who may be considered wealthy but are stuck most of their lives  in increasing and preserving their assets.  These people work very hard and enjoy the fruits of their labors in the same passion they work for them.  They party hard. They have all their toys.

And before they really hear the bell tolling, they're gone.

They die rich yes but bankrupt in many other ways, such as  in having a view of one's place in the overall scheme of things.

Perhaps everyone should have two bank accounts. One account is with a financial institution. Another is with one's own spirit.

Nothing gives me feelings of abundance more than   when just before I close my eyes to sleep I revel in the comforting warmth of an arm draped around me and  a body against my back.

In the darkness of my room, I imagine being part of and loved by a great collective goodness. There is no place for disappointments and fears. Nothing matters except that all is good.

And in that moment, I am contented.

I have abundance and I am grateful.





Posted with Aloha!
By ARIEL MURPHY

2 comments:

  1. I too feel abundance when I'm cuddled next to the one I love throughout the night. Dealing with financial realities during the day, that's another story. Good to see you blogging again Ariel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our financial realities Mary. I hope that you find a resolution to yours. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, comment and encourage me. I greatly appreciate it. Aloha and Namaste!

      Delete