Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Love makes miracles happen


A tete-a-tete with a friend I chanced upon at Uncle Robert's recently made a rather interesting turn when out of left field he said: "The solution to all our problems is getting Lucifer and God to reconcile." That is what we really should be praying for, he emphasized.

I shelved my own thoughts about good and evil and the seeming inherent dual nature of the Universe and decided to take my friend's perspective.

His idea cloyed to me like overwhelming perfume. It was so different yet so simple.

I gave my friend my full attention and asked what could possibly motivate Lucifer to humble himself before God.

"He knows his time is coming and he's not going to make it," my friend said.

I was skeptical about how anyone, even God, would react to a supplicant who is only after self-preservation.

"God is all-forgiving and loving," my friend pointed out.

Simple. 




- Posted with Aloha 
By Ariel Murphy

4 comments:

  1. Four years later and still very fitting for Epe's celebration of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot argue with what Epe said. A good man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariel, your story about your conversation with my dad that day on stage brought me to remember how he had raised us as children, with provoking ideas and thoughts to ponder on and to decide for ourselves to follow others or believe in Love and define love for ourselves with such progressive ideas as this. Thank you for sharing and thank you for all the hard work of organization of the bands,and your beautiful posters. -Luana Nascimento

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariel, your story about your conversation with my dad that day on stage brought me to remember how he had raised us as children, with provoking ideas and thoughts to ponder on and to decide for ourselves to follow others or believe in Love and define love for ourselves with such progressive ideas as this. Thank you for sharing and thank you for all the hard work of organization of the bands,and your beautiful posters. -Luana Nascimento

    ReplyDelete