Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

If You Go Away

 
If you disappear from my life....
 
- I'd be in bed sooner than 3 AM.
 
- I'd have the cups of Lychee jello  in my refrigerator all to myself.
 
- I'd have to find a Scrabble group as I'd not be able to dance as often as I do with you now.
 
- I'd no longer have to wait for you to arrive 3 hours after you said you would.
 
- I'd have more quiet time.
 
- Yet,  I'd be talking to myself and often and repeatedly about the same topic if only to make it like you're still around.
 
- I can  no longer bill you for  therapeutic services rendered.
 
-  I make you laugh but in your absence I'd have to make myself laugh instead.
 
 - I'd be insanely sane.
 
- I'd be missing my instances of wonder at the universe's playfulness, humor and wisdom  in sending you along my path.
 
- And I'd be severely deprived.

Thank you for being in my life. I love you!
 
 
 
 
 
- Ariel Murphy

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful & humorous at the same time - You go girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "missing my instances of wonder at the universe's playfulness, humor and wisdom in sending you along my path"...Do we choose our family, or do they choose us?

    ReplyDelete