Translate

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Kiss



This is the best description of a kiss I've read so far. It came from a poem entitled: Said the Shotgun to the  Head, written  by Saul Williams, American poet, singer and actor.



"Have you ever lost yourself in a kiss?
 I mean pure psychedelic inebriation.
 Not just lustful petting 
but transcendental metamorphosis
 when you became aware 
that the greatness of this being
 was breathing into you.
 Licking the sides and corners 
of your mouth,
 like sealing a thousand fleshy envelopes
 filled with the essence 
of your passionate being 
and then opened 
by the same mouth 
and delivered back to you, 
over and over again - the first kiss 
of the rest of your life. 
A kiss that confirms 
that the universe is aligned, 
that the world's greatest resource is love, 
and maybe even that 
God is a woman. 
With or without a belief in God, 
all kisses are metaphors 
decipherable by allocations of time, 
circumstance, and understanding."


Source: infinity-imagined.tumblr.com

- Ariel Murphy

6 comments:

  1. I remember 1 certain Kiss... Unforgettable, you've heard the song, I get drunk on your kisses. I used to get drunk on his. :-) fond memories. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent a lifetime yearning for a kiss like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Confine your kissing to the irresistible." -- Sir Rudolf Bing, Manager of the NY Met opera last piece of advice to avoid flu sweeping thru the cast. i love this quote! but the question is... are you irresistible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A kiss to me is showing my abused rescued dogs that I teach that I truly mean I love and care about them. They, as living beings, understand this and might be their only chance gor hope and trust!
    +Robin Dudek
    aka + Canine Rocker322

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dogs give Unconditional Love and Trust to those who give unvonditionally to them.
    They are my passion!
    +Robin Dudek
    www.canine1706.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete