Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Turning Points



Some would look at the color and shape of clouds and see either an imminent thunderstorm or a rainbow.   
 
Some would be confronted by a closed door and imagine beyond it either the Pearly Gates or a bogeyman.
 
While there is no telling what a person or a situation will really turn out to be, I nevertheless wonder at what point exuberance turns into trepidation, hope into fear, and  naiveté  into cynicism. 

Exactly when and what manner of little deaths occur to alter our perceptions or cause us to freeze in hesitation? 

Should we keep ourselves from smelling the roses simply because there are thorns?
 
 
Source: googleimages.com

 
 - Ariel Murphy

10 comments:

  1. The Answer to the last question is NO ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reality is only as real as we imagine it to be!! "There is not a particle of life which does not bear poetry within it" Thanks for the particles of life you make us see, Ariel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very deep... I need to smell the roses more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, having the guts to step into your future is important, because it will happen with or without you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to smell the roses with care, but it should not stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a opportunity standing at a line, I could either walk ahead thru the fire, or I could go back to what was familiar, but not inline with my Authentic self. I took the chance. I walked thru the fire. Not one single hair was singed. My world is Much more full of color and I feel like I'm living my Authentic Life now. I'm so grateful I did not turn back, and I know the best is yet to come.

    I see the thorns as a protection of the beautiful flower at its peak. The Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In order to reply to this post, I shall post some lyrics from a song that came to mind, which I love, called "Happy" by Leona Lewis:

    So what if it hurts me?
    So what if I break down?
    So what if this world just throws me off the edge
    My feet run out of ground
    I gotta find my place
    I wanna hear my sound
    Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    Cause i'm just trying to be happy, yeah
    Just wanna be happy, yeah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because there are thorns is the exact reason that the smell will be so worth it in the end :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i embrace the rose with itz thorns. it all makes it what it is. how can anyone love one part and hate the other.??? hold it with a gentle firmness and the thorns wont hurt you. behold it with eyes for itz complete beauty. and take in the fragrance to forever have the memory. the rose is so much more. let it touch your heart.

    ReplyDelete